I would start hunting for some vegetarian recipes on Wednesday evening for Thursday lunchbox filling (Thursday are always veg in my home for sai baba). Likewise when I was going through my wordpress reader found out this recipe by my blogger friend – swapna karthi. When I found all the ingredients in my home, I was about to prepare this for my kids and hubby’s lunch box. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Carrots – 1 no
- Capsicum – ½ cup (mixed all colours)
- Onion – 1 no
- Cabbage – ½ cup
- Schewzan sauce – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Ajinomoto – a pinch
- Basmathi / Long grained rice – 2 ½ cup
- Fennel seeds – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 4 tsp
- Wash and drain the basmathi rice. Keep it aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel with water. Bring it to boil and put the rice. Cover and cook for 80%.
- Drain the water from the rice and keep it aside.
- Finely chop the onions, peel and chop the carrot, cabbage and capscium lengthwise.
- Heat olive oil in a kadai. Put the fennel seeds, wait till it crackle.
- Put all the vegetables and saute them for 5 mins, followed by schezwan sauce and salt till the veggies get well fried.
- Put the boiled rice and saute them well with the veggies.
- Sprinkle the pepper powder and ajinomoto.
- Check for salt, if needed sprinkle the salt and continue sauting till the rice gets blend with the veggies.
Serve hot with Tomato sauce. I have accompained this with tomato sauce and roasted pototoes.