Already I have posted a lady’s finger fry, but this one is completely different from the past one. Since my daughter loves lady’s fingers a lot, I go on hunting recipes with ladyfingers.
In this recipe, I have fried this lady’s fingers with the powder made of roasted blackgram, asafoetida and red chillies. This stir/poriyal goes out well with sambhar and steamed rice. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Lady’s finger – ½ kg
- Onion – 1 no
- Black gram – 3 tbsp
- Red chillies – 4 nos
- Asafoetida / Hing – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Chop the lady’s finger and onion into small pieces.
- Dry roast the blackgram, asafoetida and red chillies. Grind it to a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard, blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add the onions and fry till they become transparent.
- Add the lady’s finger and keep on frying them for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle salt and continue frying for another 5 mins or till the lady’s finger changes to dark green in color.
- Add the ground powder and continue frying by drizzling a tsp of oil.
- Continue frying till the lady’s finger is done or till it gets coated by the masala and looks crispy.
Serve hot with sambhar and steamed rice.
Note: Put the grounded spice powder, only when the lady’s finger get fried for 10 mins and releases it’s thread (like glue). So that the spice powder would blend with lady’s finger and get fried, otherwise the spice powder and lady’s fingers would not blend together, will get fried separately. The recipe would result in big disaster.