This pulav is one of my hubby’s favorite from my hands. The flavor, aroma and look of this dish is really awesome. The aroma pulls one into the kitchen. Also the combination of this prawn and green peas enhance the taste of this dish. Moreover it’s a simplest, easiest and needs less time.
Green peas look tiny, but these are huge in nutritional value. Peas are low in cholesterol and low in fat and sodium. They feed your muscles and bones. Prawns are great supplier of proteins and low in fat and calories when compared to meat and beef. So enjoy this low calorie dish with blend of both pea and prawn/shrimp.
Let us move on to the recipe…
- Prawn / Shrimp – 250 gm
- Onion – 1 ½ nos
- Ginger – 1” inch stick
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – a bark
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Green peas – 100 gm
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Long grain / Basmathi rice – 2 ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Wash and clean the rice. Soak only for 5 to 10 mins in water. Drain and keep it a side.
- Finely chop the onions. Crush the ginger and garlic. Slit the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cloves, cinnamon and ginger-garlic and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add the green chillies and sauté till the turn light white in colour.
- Add the onions and fry they turn golden brown.
- Add the green peas and fry them with little salt for 5 mins.
- Add the prawms/shrimps and fry with little more salt, till they turn red in colour.
- Add the rice and fry for a while, Pour in 4 ½ cup of water, lemon juice and adjust salt.
- Pressure cook until 2 whistles. Remove the lid when the pressure is released.
Serve hot with any Manchurian gravy and tomato sauce. I have accompained with Egg Manchurian and Tomato sauce.
I have rarely cooked with prawns, but love seafood looks great with the rice 🙂
Try it 🙂