After planning to do something on Halloween day, as usual started hunting recipes. Decided to do many dishes, but among them is SPOOKY WITCHES FINGER. This seem to be real and scary. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Butter – ½ cup (softened)
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Egg – 1 no
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Almond extract – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Maida / All purpose flour – 1 2/3 cups
- Almonds – ½ cup
- Beat butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract and almond extract gently.
- Sieve maida, baking powder, salt and put them to butter and mix them gently with the hands.
- Roll them to dough.
- Blanch badam/almonds and peel of the badam/almonds and slit them into two equal halves.
- Put them in a box and cover with the cling film. Put it in the refrigerator for about 30 mins.
- Take it out and roll them into a lemon sized balls.
- Roll those balls into a vertical strip, flatten them slightly. Press the badam/almond in the tip of the vertical strip like finger.
- Gently slit them with the knife. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
- Grease the aluminum tray and place the finger one by one.
- Bake it for about 200 degree C for 10 mins.
- Bring it to room temperature and then transfer the fingers to a air-tight box.
Colouring the nails:
Take a tsp of red colour and mix it with a tsp of water. Paint on the nail of the fingers with a paint brush.