As I have told you in the earlier posts, I love sea foods. This is one among my favorite dea foss curry made of dried shrimp like dried fish. The tanginess in this dish keeps on drooling us. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Dried shrimps – 1 cup
- Onions – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Tomato – 1 no
- Curry leaves – a string
- Chilli powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put the mustard, blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Put the onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Put the tomato and fry till they become mushy.
- Put all spice powders and a pinch of salt. Fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water and cover with the lid. Let it boil.
- Put the dried shrimps and keep in medium flame. Wait till the water evaporates and the gravy thickens.
Serve hot with steamed rice.