Apart from few collections of my fish recipes, this is completely different. I have handled the fish in chettinad style – it’s nothing but the spices used here and their quantites are different. Let’s us move on to the recipe…
- Shallots – 20 nos
- Fish (Barracuda) – 5 slices (300 gm)
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Ginger – 1” inch stick
- Peppercorns – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – for shallow fry
- Take all the ingredients together and grind it to a fine paste in mixer.
- Clean and wash the fish.
- Rub the grounded masala to the fish gently on both the sides.Marinade the fish for half an hour.
- Heat oil in the tawa. Drizzle a tsp of oil, put the fish and swap the sides and fry them.
- Continue for other pieces also.
Serve hot. Garnish with lemon wedges, onions and coriander leaves.