This rava panniyaram is made with rava/semolina/sooji, maida and sugar. This is one of the most snack in my home, not only in my home even our whole families during all the occasions. It is believed that when this dish comes out well, everything would be the best on that occasion ;). Mostly we prepare this as offering to God. I use to prepare this very often for evening snack, since my kids love this a lot. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Rava / Semolina / Sooji – 1 cup
- Maida – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – to knead
- Salt – a pinch
- Oil – for deep frying
Making of Rava Paniyaram / Semolina fritters:
- Take rava, maida and sugar in a bowl. Sprinkle water and knead them to soft dough.
- Keep it aside for 20 mins. So that the rava would get soaked and the sugar would get melt.
- Pour in little water to the dough, stir it well. Ensure no lumps should be formed. The batter should be in Idli consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Scoop the batter with spoon gently to the oil.
- Swap the sides and fry till they are golden brown.
Note: Fry in medium flame else it would turn golden brown suddenly and would not get fried inside. Consistency is very important in this recipe, else it would be a big disaster.