Ivy Gourd is a tropical plant, it is classified as and medicinal plant in Thailand. Their leaves, roots and fruits are all used to prepare medicines.These Ivy gourds are commonly known to normalize blood sugar level. Their leaves have strong power to normalize the blood sugar level. Patients struggling with asthma and high cholesterol level are recommended to take Ivy Gourd with their normal diet and so on.
After knowing all these medicinal values, I have decided to include ivy Gourd in my normal diet. But still this time I have been preparing it once in a while. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Ivy Gourd – ½ kg
- Onion – 1 no
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the ivy gourd. Finely chop them into round shapes.
- Finley chop in the onion.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Put mustard, blackgram and curry leaves, Wait till they crackle.
- Put the onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Put the chopped Ivy gourd, followed by turmeric, chilli and cumin powder.
- Stir it well for 5 mins and then put the salt.
- Continue frying it for 20 mins, since it consumes time for cooking.
- Once it’s done, transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot with steamed rice as side dish.