The combination of apple and cinnamon is my all time favorite, so planned to bring these together in cake. As of baking too many cakes and recently diagnosed diabetics with my hubby, thought of making something which would suit diabetic people. Cinnamon comes among the first few edible items in stabilizing the diabetics, then brown sugar which has reduced calories than the normal one and then comes the apple, as per the proverb “An apple a day keeps doctor away”. As per my kids wish I am on into cupcake with my above given ingredients.
The texture, taste and colour of the cake were awesome – Rich brown, soft and with little bits of apple with soft crunchiness, keep us drooling. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Apple – 2 nos (medium sized)
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 ½ cup
- Cooking oil – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Cinnamon powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- Brown sugar – ¾ cup
- Peel and grate the apples. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, break the eggs, put the brown sugar. Beat it well.
- Pour in the oil and beat it again, till the sugar dissolves and it become fluffy.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder together.
- Put the grated apples to the egg and beat them for a in.
- Put the flour little by little and beat gently in one direction.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Scoop the batter into paper cups and bake till it’s done (Insert a toothpick or fork in the cake, it should come out clean).
Serve hot with tea or coffee for breakfast or serve as tea time snack.