Have been baking for past few days, today also kids want me to do the same. But I thought of handling some other tamilian snack with sugar in it. This time planned to make out a snack with palm sugar/Karuppati, it has low calorie and good for diabetics and everyone in my home can enjoy the dish. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Wheat flour – 1 ½ cups
- Rice flour – 3 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Jaggery syrup – as per the sweetness required
- Cooking soda – a pinch
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Ghee/Clarified butter or Oil – 2 tbsp
- Take wheat flour, rice flour, salt, cooking soda and cardamom powder in a bowl and stir them, to get them well mixed.
- Now pour in the jaggery syrup and then little water for the required consistency (Dosa batter). Ensure no lumps should be formed.
- Let it rest for 5 mins.
- Now heat ghee or oil in the panniyaram kadai. Scoop in the batter and drizzle with oil/ghee.
- Swap the side after 5 mins. In another 5 mins, check whether the panniyaram is cooked and remove from the kadai.
Serve hot with tea or coffee. Goes out well for breakfast or as tea time snack.
Note: Check out whether the buns are cooked, since it’s wheat bun it would take time to get cooked but the colour change in 3-4 minutes. It’s better to cook in medium flame, else the buns would be burnt before it’s done.