When I think of rice and chicken, suddenly my mind turns out for briyani or fried rice. But this time thought of trying out something different and this resulted in this creamy chicken rice recipe. I have prepared this dish with brown rice, chicken stock and a tbsp of white wine. This dish was so satisfying and ever had such rice with chicken, it’s very simple and easy to prepare. Kids love this a lot, so this best suits for kids. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Onions – 2 nos(medium sized)
- Carrots – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Garlic – 1 no (a head)
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Bay leaves – 1 no
- White wine – 1 tbsp
- Cloves – 4 nos
- Chicken stock – 5 cups
- Brown Rice/Long grain rice – 2 ½ cups
- Coriander leaves – 10 stalks
- Grated parmesan cheese – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Peel and grate the carrots. Clean and chop the chicken to medium pieces. Wash and finely chop the coriander leaves with the stalk, discard the roots.
- Wash and soak the rice only if its brown rice else just wash and drain the water, keep it aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pressure cooker. Add in the onion and fry them till they golden brown.
- Add the grated carrot and fry them for few mins, till they are semi cooked and slightly change in colour.
- Add the bay leaf and cloves, followed by the chicken and add in salt, pepper powder. Fry till the chicken turns to white in colour.
- Pour in the white wine and stir them with chicken and wait till it get evaporated.
- Pour in the chicken stock and allow it to boil.
- Add in the rice with the whole garlic and check for the salt. Let it boil and sprinkle half of the coriander leaves.
- Cover with the lid and wait for 3 whistles. Open the lid, when the pressure is released.
- Remove out the garlic head.
- Sprinkle rest of the coriander leaves and grated cheese, stir it well.