When I have been searching for the dessert recipe, came across this easy dessert recipe – “Biscuit Pudding”. It is so simple to prepare and the ingredients mentioned here are available even at small shops. It fits well for parties and get together. The most important thing here is, “ NO BAKE” recipe. It would be perfect for kid’s birthday parties. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Marie Biscuits – 30 nos
- Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 100 gm
- Coffee powder – 2 tsp
- Water – 250 ml
- Milk – 1 ½ tbsp
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Boil 250 ml of water in a sauce pan and add in the coffee powder, let it boil for few mins.
- Strain it and reserve the decoction.
- Take a square or rectangle tin and line it with cling film, leaving extra little on one side to fold over the top.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add cocoa powder and continue beating until well mixed.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add little milk at time a mix well. The consistency of the mixture should be spreadable; it should not be stiff or watery.
- Dip the biscuits one by one in the coffee decoction and arrange it in the tin.
- Now spread the mixture over the biscuits and make sure that the corners and the gaps should be filled properly.
- Again then top it with another layer of biscuits dipped in coffee decoction and then spread another layer of the cream mixture.
- Garnish it with nuts or sugar sprinkles.
- Cover it with the cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for an hour.
- When it’s ready, take the cling film out of the tin and cut it to the desired shape and serve immediately.
Note: The pudding will melt when it is kept outside for long time, so place the rest of the pudding in the refrigerator and take it out only when you serve.