A Chocolate pound cake is moist and buttery with the right amount of chocolate flavor. This cake does not need frosting, it taste good when eaten plain. It would be a very good dessert when served with fresh berries and a dollop of softly whipped cream.
- All purpose flour/Maida – 1 ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Boiling water – ¼ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Butter – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Vanilla extract – 1 ½ tsp
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder all together in a bowl.
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa powder into the boiling water until smooth. Let it cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat the butter until softened. Add sugar beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat them until soft and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract and cocoa mixture, until soft and fluffy.
- Add in the flour little by little; continue beating them until they are mixed well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease the baking tray and scrape in the batter to the tray.
- Bake it for 10 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean at 180 degree C.
- Bring them to room temperature and serve it.
Note: This cake when wrapped when will parchment paper will stay fresh for several days at room temperature.