Pumpkin is one of the most favorite vegetable for many of us. Pumpkin plays a important role in veg platter because of it’s sweetness. When there is a platter, a sweet made with vegetable comes first in the platter, this pumpkin stir fry best suits that place. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Pumpkin – ½ kg
- Onion – 1 no (medium sized)
- Green chillies – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Peel and roughly chop the pumpkin into small pieces. Finely chop the onions and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard, blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the finely chopped onions and green chillies. Fry till the onions become are transparent.
- Add in the pumpkin pieces and fry them till they are half cooked.
- Pour in half a cup of water. Cover and cook.
- Remove the lid once the pumpkin is cooked and add the coconut to it.
- Fry it till the raw smell goes off. Add in the sugar and stir well till it becomes dry and the oil pops out.
Serve hot. This goes out well with sambhar and will taste good with fish curry.