Coming to this chicken recipe, I could say that there is something special than all other chicken gravy I have posted. Here the chicken is first cooked in a gravy which is thickened and then most of the gravy is removed from the kadai and the chicken pieces are charred (slightly browned) along with the leftover gravy. This chicken pieces taste heavenly after this procedure. Serve this chicken pieces with the gravy. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Chicken drumsticks – 4 nos
- Ginger-garlic paste – 3 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cloves – 4 nos
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Onions – 2 nos(medium sized)
- Tomato – 1 no(medium sized)
- Curry leaves – two strings
- Salt to taste
- Clean the drumsticks, and make two to three slits on it.
- In a mixing bowl, take ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix them all together.
- Marinade the chicken pieces in this masala by rubbing it gently on the chicken.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions. Finely chop the tomates.
- In a heavy bottomed kadai, heat oil and add the cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- When the spices are heated, add in the onions and curry leaves. Fry till they onions becomes transparent.
- Add in the tomato pieces and cook them till they become mushy.
- Add in the chicken pieces along with the marinade. Fry it for a while.
- Pour in a cup of water and cover with a lid. Keep heavy weight on the top of the lid.
- Cook on medium heat till the chicken pieces are cooked. Remove the lid when the chicken pieces are cooked.
- Cook on medium heat till the gravy thickens. Once the gravy is thickened, remove most of the gravy.
- Cook the chicken with the leftover gravy, till the gravy dries and the chicken pieces are slightly browned.
- Keep on turning the chicken pieces continuously, be sure that the chicken pieces should not be separated.
- To Serve: Serve the chicken pieces with the preserved gravy or pour the gravy along with the chicken and serve hot.