Mushrooms are my family’s favorite, particularly my daughter’s. So I cook it atleast once in a week, apart from too many mushroom recipe, I have tried this one which was too good in taste, colour and aroma. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Mushrooms – 300 gm
- Onions – 1 no (medium sized)
- Tomato – ½ no (medium sized)
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Dry red chillies – 2 nos
- Black peppercorns – 1 tbsp
- Fennel / Saunf – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – two strings
- Peel and finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Clean the mushrooms. Slice them into two pieces.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai. Add dry red chilies, peppercorns, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fry them till the raw smell goes off. Bring it room temperate and grind them to a fine powder.
- Heat the leftover oil in a kadai. Add half of the curry leaves, onions and ginger –garlic paste. Sauté those till the onions turn transparent.
- Add in the tomatoes and sauté them till they become mushy.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and red chili powder, salt, garam masala. Saute till for few mins, till the mushroom oozes out and then dries out.
- Add in the grounded masala powder and the left over curry leaves. Stir it well, till the masala get blend with mushroom and leaves its raw smell.
Serve hot with steamed rice, curd rice or any Indian breads.
Note: This recipe can also be prepared using cauliflower, chicken and mutton.