Not only me but my family loves this minced meat (Lamb) fry. I have come across this recipe in Hyderabad through my friend’s mother. She uses to prepare this very often particularly for me whenever she visits her daughter’s house.
This dish tastes too good with the perfect aroma of minced meat. Also this would be a big hit among kids. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Minced meat (Lamb) – ½ kg
- Onions – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Ginger – 1 inch stick
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Ginger – garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Gingelly oil – 3 tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Coriander leaves – 3 tsp (for garnishing)
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Pressure cook, the minced meat along with ginger-garlic, salt with water for 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released, drain the meat. Reserve the stock in a bowl.
- Finely chop the onions
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions followed with ginger-garlic paste and cook till they turn transparent.
- Add in the minced meat followed with chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Cook them till the raw smell goes off and pour in a cup of reserved stock.
- Cook till the meat becomes dry and the oil starts to separate.
- Pour in the lemon juice and stir for a min in medium heat.
- Transfer it to a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Note: Refrigerate the leftover stock in a container and you can use it for other dish or can be served as a soup with little pepper.