This dish is very popular and commonly prepared in many tamilian families. Also this would be the most dishes in the wedding vegetarian platter. I have prepared this for my vegetarian platter. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Cabbage – 100 gm
- Carrot – 100 gm
- Green peas – 70 gm
- Split moong dal – 50 gm
- Onions – 50 gm
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Finely chop the onions, peel and grate the carrots and cabbage.
- Boil mung dal to a mashed consistency.
- Take water in a sauce pan and bring it to boil. Add in the green peas; cook till it’s half done.
- Add in the cabbage followed by salt and cook till it’s half done.
- Add in the carrot and cook till all the veggies are done.
- Drain the water and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in kadai. Add mustard, split black gram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the veggies and add turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt. Cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the boiled moong dal with a tbsp of water. Cover and cook till it get blend with veggies.
- Add in the grated coconut and sauté well, till it gets blend with the veggie.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot. Goes out well as side dish for lunch.