Today’s fish curry is something different from all other of my fish recipes and also I have prepared this in a earthen pot. It’s a version of Bunts Fish curry. It’s nothing but I have induced Bunts chili powder for this recipe, which is a combination of red chili and few more spices. I have used Indian Salmon for this dish. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Fish – 500 gm
- Bunts Chili powder – 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Onions – 2 nos(medium sized)
- Tomato – 1 no
- Tamarind – a gooseberry size
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel and roughly chop the onions. Finely chop the tomatoes.
- Pound or pulse the onions.
- Heat oil in the earthen pot, add mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook till they turn light brown color.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook till they are mushy.
- Add in the Bunts chili powder and cook till the raw smell goes off, by sprinkling a tbsp of water.
- Pour in the tamarind extract, bring them to boil. Add in the salt.
- Add in the fish pieces. Cover and cook till the fish are done.
- Remove the lid and cook in medium flame till the curry thickens and the oil floats on the top of the curry.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot. This curry goes out well with steamed rice, Idli and Dosa.