Knol knol is packed with too much of health benefits. It is known as “German Turnip or Kohlrabies”. Mainly it’s packed with too much of insulin which is good for diabetics. These are also rich in dietary fiber. I have prepared stir-fry with these kohlrabies. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Knol-knol / Nukkal – 250 gm
- Onions – 1 no (medium sized)
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Peel and grate the kohlrabies/nulkal/knol knol.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and green chilies.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in mustard seeds, split blackgram, green chilies and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Add in the grated kohlrabies followed by cumin powder and salt. Pour in 2 tbsps of water and cover and cook it they are done.
- Remove the lid and add in the grated coconut. Cook till the raw smell goes off and it turns out dry.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot with any curries and steam rice. Note: When you prefer less spicy, lower the quantity of green chili.