This french beans fry is a traditional one which I use to have very often from my childhood. This taste good and has too many health benefits. Let us move on to the recipe…
- French Beans – 250 gm
- Onion – 1 no (medium sized)
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Remove the thread along the sides and finely chop the french beans.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and green chili.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, split blackgram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions and green chilies. Cook till they turn transparent.
- Add in the french beans followed by salt, turmeric and cumin powder. Cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water, bring it to boil and cover with the lid.
- Remove the lid when the french beans are cooked (turns to olive green color).
- Add in the grated coconut and saute them for few mins, till the coconut gets blend with the beans and it becomes dry.
Serve hot with steamed rice and curry.