In this Lady’s finger Curry is ladyfingers are cooked with spice powders and tamarind extract. This is an traditional south Indian recipe and this would been my most packed curry along with steamed rice for my lunch at my school days. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Lady’s finger – 200 gm
- Onion – 1 ½ nos
- Tomato – 1 no
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Tamarind – a gooseberry size
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1.4 tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Clean and roughly chop the lady’s finger. Peel and finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in the mustard, cumin, methi and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook till they turn golden brown.
- Add in the tomato and cook till they are mushy.
- Add in the lady’s finger and cook them for 3 mins.
- Add in the turmeric, chili and coriander powder. Cook till the lady’s finger get blend with the masala.
- Add in the salt and pour in the tamarind extract along with water, bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook till the lady’s finger are done, the oil floats on the top.
Serve hot with steamed rice and any stir-fry.