My second recipe based on the chicken rice but now this is done with the vegetables. I have used carrots and green peas with this rice; you could also add mushroom, cauliflower, green beans and potatoes. After a long break I have tried out my own recipe, it was healthy and delicious. I have served this along with Chettinad Egg gravy. Do not think it may be some other cuisine; it’s a typical south Indian dish. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Chicken – 500 gms
- Carrots – 2 nos (medium sized
- Green Peas – 100 gm
- Garlic cloves – 7 nos
- Onions – 1 no (medium sized)
- Chicken Stock – 4 ½ cups
- Vinegar – 1 ½ tsp
- Brown rice / Basmathi / Long grain rice – 2 ½ cups
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Peel and cut the carrots into round shapes.
- Marinade chicken with chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt for about 20 mins.
- Soak the Brown rice in water for abt 15 mins. Drain the rice.
- Finley chop the onions and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker; add in the butter and olive oil.
- Add in the onions, garlic and coriander leaves. Cook till the onions are transparent.
- Add in the chicken, carrot, green peas and vinegar followed by little salt, cook for few minutes.
- Pour in 4 cups of chicken stock and allow them to boil.
- Add in the rice and check for salt. Bring it boil and cover, pressure cook for 3 whistles.