Coleslaw is a salad consisting mainly of shredded cabbage, carrot and dressed up with mayonnaise, which is tangy. I just lovvvvvv……………………. Coleslaw to no extends. But never thought of trying it at home, when my daughter had it recently, she became a big lover of coleslaw and want to prepare at home. This made me in trying out coleslaw; I was feared to try it because I love it a lot and want the recipe to come out well. Finally started hunting down for the recipe, later found out the recipe online and gave a try. The result was unimaginable it tasted yummy; my family loved it a lot. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Mayonnaise – ½ cup
- Granulated Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Buttermilk – ¼ cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- White vinegar – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Finely shredded cabbage – 3 cups
- Shredded Carrots – 1 cup
- Onions – 1 no (small size)
- Finely shredded or chop or grate the cabbage.
- Peel and finely grate the carrots.
- Take mayonnaise, granulated sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper powder in a bowl and whisk them till they become soft.
- Add in the cabbage, carrots and onions, mix them all together.
- Transfer it to a bowl and refrigerate it at least for 2 hrs before serving.