One of my most favorite dish, already I have posted a kesari but with Rava and but now this is going to be with vermicelli. In my younger days, this would be the first and the special dish from the hands of my grandma rite on my birthday. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Vermicelli / Semiya – 1 cup
- Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 15 nos
- Raisins – 10 nos
- Red Food color – ¼ tsp
- Heat two tsp of ghee in a kadai, add in the vermicelli and roast them till they turn golden brown. Transfer it to a plate.
- Heat 3 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add in the red food color.
- Add in the vermicelli/semiya, Stir it well, till the vermicelli is boiled.
- Once after boiled, add in the sugar. Stir it well, till it thickens.
- Heat the leftover ghee (clarified butter) in a kadai, add in the cashew nuts and roast till it turns golden brown.
- Add in the raisins; roast till it increases in its size.
- Pour this to vermicelli and stir it well and cook for 5 mins in medium flame till the ghee/clarified butter gets blend well with the vermicelli.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot as a starter for breakfast or as a evening snack.