Dried shrimps are always tasty in its common style, whatever the way we cook and even they are prepared as salads. Today I am going to share the recipe of dried shrimp’s masala, which goes out well with steamed rice, sambhar rice and curd rice. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Dried Shrimps / Prawns – 100 gm
- Onions – 50 gm
- Tomatoes – 25 gm
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – a string
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in kadai, add in the mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till it crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook till they are transparent.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook till they become mushy.
- Add in the spice powders (turmeric powder, chili powder and cumin powder) followed by salt, cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the dried shrimps/prawns and cook for 5 mins.
- Pour in half cup of water and keep in medium flame, wait till the water gets evaporate and the shrimps become flakky (separating easily into pieces).
- Transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot with steamed rice, Indian breads, dosa and variety rice.