When I come across this baby corn, my girl loves this lot. She loves to have Baby Corn in any form, so planned in hunting of various recipes and this one is the vegetarian version of my Spicy Mushroom Pepper Fry. You could increase or decrease the quantity of pepper as per your taste. The dish was delicious, crunchy and also has an attractive color. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Baby Corn – 200 gm
- Pepper – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Split Blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Onion – 1 no (medium size)
- Tomato – ½ no
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Chop the baby corn to small pieces (round shape).
- Pressure cook the baby corn in water for 2 whistles. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add the onions and cook till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Add in the boiled baby corns along with chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt.
- Cook till the baby corns get blend will with the masala and the raw smell goes off.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot with steamed rice and any curry.