I prepared this plum cake a month ago during Christmas, but due to lack of time was not able to blog this recipe. Later whenever I try something new, I just show interest to only blog that recipe. But today I have decided to blog this plum cake. Today I am taking this cake to the Fiesta Friday #FF53 of Anige @The Novice Gardener. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Maida – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 cup
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Caraway seeds / Shajeera – ½ tsp
- Orange peel – small quantity
- Ginger chips – 5 gm
- Cherries – 8 gm
- Almonds / Badam – 10 nos
- Black raisins – 8 gm
- Caramel syrup – 3 tbsp.
- All spice powder – 3/4 tsp
- Orange peel – Take the orange peel, dip it in thick sugar syrup and dry it in sun for two days. It will change to dark brown color.
- Ginger chips – Dip fine pieces of ginger in sugar syrup and dries it in sun for 3 days.
- Caramel syrup – Take granulated sugar in a heavy bottomed vessel, keep in high flame. Stir it continuously; till the sugar comes to honey consistency and wait till it become black color. Suddenly sprinkle water on the caramel and remove it off from the fire.
- Almonds – Blanched
- All Spice powder – A mixture of clove powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder in equal propotion.
- Crush the Caraway seeds (shajeera) or grind it to a fine powder.
- Sieve maida and baking powder.
- Beat butter and sugar till the sugar dissolves and butter melts.
- Add in the Caraway seeds(shajeera), eggs and beat them nicely till they become fluffy.
- Pour in the caramel syrup and stir it well.
- Add in the sieved flour along with the all spice powder and fold them gently.
- Take a tbsp of sieved flour and roll all the solid ingredients (ginger chips, orange peel, nuts and cherries).
- Add them to the batter and fold in gently.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Grease the baking tray, pour in the batter and bake it for 9 mins at 180 degree C.
- Pierce a toothpick in the centre of the cake and pull it out. If the toothpick comes out clean, take the cake outside else bake it again for 3 mins.
Decorate the cake with nuts, cherries and sprinkle powdered sugar on it.