When I was about to prepare dinner, kids want me to do something innovative with spaghetti. Just like that opened the refrigerator found out 3 pieces of lamb brain lying inside, so decided to plan my dish with it. I kept on hunting recipes, but nothing satisfied me. Finally I got an idea and decided to proceed in that way. The outcome was yummy, moist, well coated spaghetti with brain and egg masala. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Lamb Brain – 3 nos
- Spaghetti – 200gms
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Onion – 1 nos(medium sized)
- Fennel / Sombu seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin / Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
- Carom / Ajwain seeds – ¼ tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Green chili sauce – 1 ½ tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Black salt – ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil spaghetti, drain it and sprinkle olive oil. Mix them well.
- Dry roast cumin, carom and fennel seeds and grind them to a fine powder. Keep them aside.
- Finely chop the onions, lamb brain and garlic.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a kadai. Add ¼ tsp of cumin seeds, wait till they crackle.
- Add the onions, garlic and cook till they turn golden brown.
- Add in the finely chopped brain followed by little salt and the ground masala powder.
- Cook them till the raw smell goes off. Break in the eggs and add salt, pepper powder. Cook till the eggs are half done.
- Pour in the soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato sauce and the leftover grounded spice powder. Cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the spaghetti, black pepper powder, black salt and stir them well with brain mixture, till the spaghetti gets coats with the masala and the raw smell goes off.
Serve hot with mayonnaise and tomato sauce.