Usually I have heard that Lamb head curry goes out good only with onions and spices, but this time I have thought of preparing with coconut milk. So I have induced coconut milk with Lamb Head Curry, the curry was more delicious, it had a good flavor of mild sweetness and as usual the spiciness as also there. It’s been a big hit when my kids told it was delicious because usually they never like to have this lamb head curry. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Lamb Head – 500 gm
- Shallots / Sambhar onions – 200 gm
- Coconut milk (thick) – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Gingelly / Sesame oil – 3 tsp
- Clean and chop the lamb head into medium pieces. Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and cook till they turn golden brown.
- Add in the lamb pieces and followed by turmeric, chili, coriander powder and salt. Cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in the coconut milk along with a cup of water and let it boil for few mins, till the raw smell goes off.
- Cover with the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
Serve hot. This goes out well with steamed rice for lunch and with dosa for dinner.