This is a common Indian dish, prepared in all Indian families. I use to prepare this beetroot stir fry very often. Beetroot is packed with too much health factors. Beetroot is a dark red vegetable with an acquired taste and it’s been linked with better stamina, improved blood flood, lower blood pressure and also boosts stamina. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Beetroot – 250 gms
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Onion – 1 n0 (small size)
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Peel and grate the beetroot.
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Chop the green chilies into medium pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, split black gram, green chilies and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the grated beetroot followed by salt. Cook them till they shrink in size and change in color.
- Stir once in a while every now and then.
Serve hot with steamed rice and any curry. I love having this beetroot stir fry along with steamed rice and mutton curry.