I have already posted the recipe for Mushroom Briyani (Anganan Style), now it’s the same like it. But here it’s with chicken. So you could refer the Mushroom Briyani for step by step pictures.
- Chicken – 500 gms
- Seeraga Samba – 1 kg
- Green chilies – 4 nos
- Ginger – 2 “inch stick
- Garlic – 7 cloves
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Yogurt / Curd – 1 tbsp
- Onions – 1 ½ nos (medium sized)
- Cashew nuts – 15 nos
- Poppy seeds (Kasakasaa) – 1 ½ tsp
- Cloves – 4 nos
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 ” inch stick
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Ghee / Clarified Butter – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Clean the Chicken and chop them into medium pieces.
- Clean and soak the rice in water for 15 mins. Drain and keep it aside.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- Take cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, and a fistful of coriander leaves, 1” inch ginger stick, poppy seeds and a fistful of mint leaves, grind together to a fine paste by adding little water. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee/clarified butter and oil in a pressure cooker, after 5 mins add in the cashew nuts and fry till they are golden brown.
- Add in the garlic and mint leaves, cook them till the leaves become dark green in color.
- Add in the onions, a green chili and cook till they turn transparent.
- Pour in the grounded masala and cook till the raw smell goes off and they change to dark green in color.
- Add in the chicken, turmeric powder and salt. Cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in the yogurt/curd and cook for few seconds, till the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the soaked rice and pour in 4 cups of water along with a tsp of lemon juice.
- Allow it to boil and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot with raita, pickle and applam/pappad.