I have posted few duck recipes and now here comes my duck briyani. As I have told already the duck meat has its own aroma and flavor, now when it’s induced with briyani, the taste is unbeatable. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Duck meat – ½ kg
- Onion – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Tomato – 1 nos(medium sized)
- Cloves – 4 nos
- Cinnamon – 2 “inch stick
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Bay leaf – 1 no
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Long grain / Basmathi rice – 3 cups
- Coriander leaves – three fistful
- Mint leaves – three fistful
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean and chop the duck meat as you desire.
- Wash and clean the rice. Keep it aside.
- Marinate the duck pieces with turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and salt for abt half an hour.
- Finely chop the onions, tomatoes, mint and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker; add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf and ginger-garlic paste. Cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the coriander and mint leaves; cook till they turn dark green in color.
- Add in the onions and cook till they golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook till they become mushy.
- Add in the duck pieces and cook till they change to dark brown in color.
- Pour in two cups of water and let it boil.
- Cover and cook till 4 whistles.
- After the pressure is released open the lid and add in the rice followed by salt, give them a stir.
- Cover and cook till 2 whistles.
Serve hot with raita. I have accompanied this with Duck gravy and cucumber raita.