Heard that today is “PANCAKE Day”, so decided to make pancake for dinner. This one is a basic pancake recipe, but with different ingredients which are diabetic friendly. I have induced brown sugar which has little calorie, then cinnamon powder which cuts down the insulin level and have prepared Orange syrup as dip for this pancake. Let us move on to the recipe…
- All purpose flour / Maida – 200 gm
- Egg – 1 no
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Brown sugar – 100 gm
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder- ½ tsp
- Butter – 10 gm
- Salt – a pinch
- Melt the butter and keep aside.
- Take Egg and milk in a bowl and beat them well till fluffy.
- Add in the brown sugar, cinnamon powder and beat well.
- Add in the baking powder and flour; stir it gently so that no lumps are formed.
- Heat butter in a tawa, scoop the batter with the spoon and sprinkle butter around the pancake.
- Swap the side, after 5 mins(cooked). Then cook for 5 mins and remove from the fire.
Serve hot with any dip. I have served it with Orange syrup.