Apart from being posting few Duck curries, this time again a different one but a very special prepared for my special one (my friend) for his birthday. Here I am not going to use the word as usual but very special gravy which is perfect for Briyani or any variety rice and pulav. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Duck meat – 500 gm
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split blackgram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – two strands
- Red chilies – 2 nos (pinched)
- Onions – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Tomato – 1 ½ nos (medium sized)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coconut pieces – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger – 1 “ inch stick
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Gingelly / Sesame oil – 3 tsp
- Finely chop the onions and tomatoes. Clean and the chop the duck meat into medium pieces.
- Marinate the duck meat with chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt for half an hour.
- Crush ginger and garlic using mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard, split black gram, red chilies and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Grind the coconut and cumin seeds into fine paste by adding little water. Keep it aside.
- Add in the onions, crushed garlic and ginger. Cook till they turn golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Pour in the coconut paste and cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the duck meat and cook till the meat dark in color.
- Pour in two cups of water and wait till it boils.
- Cover the pressure cooker and wait for 5 whistles.
Serve hot with any briyani’s, pulav and variety rice.