Thayir Vadai is a delicious south Indian snack. This Thayir vada is nothing but the left over vada (Medhu vada/Ulundu vada) soaked in unsour curd and garnished with Kara pundhi , grated carrots and coriander leaves. I love this Thayir vadai, I would say that this dish being grandpa’s all time favorite and also I have noticed him ordering this Thayir vada, whenever we visit restaurant. This is was my first try and the Thayir vada came out well. But how unlucky me, I can’t offer to my grandpa since he is no more. My daughter loves this lot than the plain vada. I am taking this to Fiesta Friday #57 hosted by Angie. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Medhu Vada / Ulundu Vada / Blackgram fritters – 4 nos
- Yogurt / Curd – 200 ml
- Salt to taste
- Kara boondhi – 50 gm
- Roasted Peanuts – 10 gm
- Coriander leaves – 2 stalks
- Beat the curd well with salt.
- Put in the vada’s and sprinkle Kara boondhi, roasted peanuts, coriander leaves and keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Swap the vada in 15 mins and then continue marination for further 15 mins.
- Serve it after half an hour, so that the vada would be tasty with the yogurt/curd flavor.
Do check out my fritters recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/2015/09/28/ulunda-vadai-fritters/ and do check out my snacks recipe for more fritters at this link: snacks