This is my first cooking with squid, but I had in few times. Cleaning of this squid has been a big job, but I have made it too. The Squid Rings has a special taste, so no matter how and what all the ingredients we use to cook. My girl loves this squid a lot. But it should be cooked only for 20 mins, so that it would soft and juicy else it would turn hard and become rubbery to chew. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Squid – 500 gm
- Onion – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Tomato – 1 no (medium sized)
- Chili powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean and chop the squid into rings. Finely chop the onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Take the squid in a bowl; add chili powder, coriander powder, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder and salt. Mix them well and leave it aside for half an hour and let it marinate.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, cumin and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions, ginger-garlic paste and cook till they become golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, salt and cook till they turn mushy.
- Add in the marinated squid rings followed by cumin powder and cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Cover and cook till they are done.