Coming to these vegetable patties, we are fond of KFC burger and so planned to make out burger. But finally, it resulted in keeping these patties inside bread and also it tastes the same as that of KFC burger. The taste was yummy, the texture was soft and the outer layer was crispy. My kids loved this lot, so now we could make burger at home with veggies and also I taking this to our Fiesta Friday #57 hosted by Angie. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Cabbage – 1 no (medium size)
- Red chilies – 2 nos
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 3 stalks
- Onion – 1 no (small size)
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Maida / All purpose flour – 4 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Finely grate the cabbage, peel and finely chop the onions into very small pieces.
- Finely chop the red chilies and coriander leaves.
- Take these cabbage, onions, red chilies, coriander leaves, ½ tsp of black pepper powder and salt. Mix all these together.
- Put these on low flame and stir continuously for few mins, till the water content goes off.
- Remove from fire; break in eggs followed with salt and black pepper powder. Again mix them well with hands.
- Add in 2 tbsp of maida/all purpose flour and 3 tbsp of rice flour, mix well. When the liquid consistency exists adds few more maida/all purpose flour and mix well.
- Roll it to small balls and flat them to pattie shape.
- Spread rice flour in a plate and dust the patties one by one before frying.
- Heat oil in a tawa, leave the pattie one by one, swap the sides and fry them.
Serve hot with Tomato ketchup or Mayonnaise. I have accompanied this with Pulled chicken.