As I have told Brain is one of my family’s favorite from all the other spare of Lamb / Goat. In India, only when we go early to mutton stall we would get brain as much as we need, but this weekend my hubby was late to the stall, there was only three brains leftover and so he got it thinking it would be enough for kids.
But I thought of scrambling egg with the brain, so that it will be enough for 3 adults and 2 kids, this resulted in this dish. The dish was much delicious and the egg when cooked with the brain was too soft like brain. Everyone in home loved it a lot. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Brains – 3 nos
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Onion – 1 no
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Clean and finely (mince) chop the brain into very small pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the onions into pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the mustard, black gram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook till they turn golden brown.
- Add in the chopped brain followed by turmeric powder, red chili powder, half of the pepper powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Give a stir, cover and cook till the brain is half done.
- Break in the eggs and stir it well with little salt and pepper powder.
- Stir it continuously till the brain coats with the egg.
- Remove from the fire, when it’s done.
Serve hot as side dish for lunch, also goes out well with stuffing in dosa.