This is my second post with lamb intestine, in my childhood my mom use to keep this atleast once in a month but I haven’t tasted instead simply use to say I don’t like it. But later when I tasted it in a hotel after the completion of my friend, wow I could say that it’s yummy and thenafter I used to have it whenever I go to that restaurant in chennai because due to laziness in cleaning the intestine. But when I am to bangalore I don’t have a chance to taste it, finally came to a conclusion and decided cleaning the intestine although it’s a tough job, it’s worth because my kids loved it.
Already I have a posted a curry recipe with lamb intestine and this time a dry recipe. I love this a lot more than the curry. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Shallots / Small onions – 200 gms
- Lamb Intestine – 400 gm
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Red chilies – 2 nos
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Ginger – 1” inch stick
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Chop the cleaned lamb intestine to small pieces and finely chop the onions.
- Crush the garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add in mustard, cumin seeds, red chilies(pinched) and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions, ginger- garlic and cook till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add in the chopped intestine followed by turmeric, cumin powder and salt.
- Cook them till the intestine gets blend well with the spice powder and the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water, let it boil and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Release the pressure, remove the lid and put in medium flame for few mins, till it becomes dry.
Serve hot with steamed rice. Also it goes well with idli, dosa and idiyappam.