My love towards muskmelon never ends and this results in bringing up new dishes. One such dish is my Muskmelon Pancake, when it comes to pancake my kids loves it a lot.They never mind what I induce in pancake, only the word PANCAKE bring them to kitchen. But this it was something after they had the pancake, I could hear “wow, excellent, delicious, so soft and very well done mom and next time when will we have this”. Really feeling happy, so now I could call this as “Kids Friendly dish”. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Muskmelon puree – 1 cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 100 gm
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Beat eggs well in a bowl, add in the milk gain beat them well.
- Add in the brown sugar and beat well, till it dissolves.
- Add in the muskmelon puree mix it well.
- Add in the flour little by little along with the baking powder, cardamom powder and fold it well, be sure that no lumps are formed.
- Check for the consistency if it’s thick add in little more milk and if it’s thin add in little more flour and mix them well.
- Melt the butter and pour in a tbsp of butter to the batter and mix them gently.
- Heat a tsp of butter on the tawa and drop in the batter with a laddle and spread it (little).
- Drizzle butter over the sides of the pancake, after few mins swap the sides and wait till gets cook.
Serve hot with jam or any dips. I have served it with homemade Tomato Jam.