Being a non-vegetarian, not only my kids, I have seen most of kids skipping veggies. Particularly my some he picks out all the veggies other than carrot from curries and keeps in the corner of the plate. So just like that thought of preparing a vegetable salad for them.
Here I have prepared this salad with Natti cucumber, which is commonly found on summers. This Natti Cucumber is little crunchier, a best coolant than the usual cucumber. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Natti Cucumber – 5 nos
- Carrots – 2 nos(medium sized)
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil / Vegetable Oil – 1 tsp
- Peel and finely chop the carrots to the shape you desire.
- Clean (rub with a towel) the cucumber and finely chop them to the shape you desire.
- In a bowl, take the cucumber, carrots, pepper powder, sugar, salt and oil. Mix them well.
- Leave it for 30 mins and then serve.
Note: You can also add cabbage and tomatoes to it. I have added sugar, to enhance the taste for kids.