As I have told in the previous post, not only me my family loves having milk based dessert. This time Iam going to share the recipe of Basundi. Basundi is a Gujarat based dessert which is made by boiling milk on low flame heat until the milk is reduced to half, garnished with roasted nuts and served chilled. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Full fat milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Blanched almonds/badam – 10 nos
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Saffron strands – 8 nos
- Pistachios – 10 nos
- Boil the milk in a broad heavy bottomed non-stick pan.
- Reduce the flame and cook on low flame till it reduces to half the quantity.
- Scrap the sides of the pan and leave it again to the milk, keep on stirring once in a while.
- When the quantity reduces and milk starts becoming thick, add in the sugar, cardamom powder and give a stir.
- Cook in low flame and continue scrapping along the sides.
- Chop the pistachios and almonds/ badam.
- Heat clarified butter/ghee in a tadka, add in the cashew nuts and pista. Roast till it becomes golden brown.
- Add it to the milk and cook in low flame for another few min by stirring once in a while.
Serve warm or chilled, garnish with pistachio, almonds/badam and saffron strands.
Note: Bring to room temperature and refrigerate it.