Cauliflower Rice is a very simple to pack for lunch box and even the people who omits cauliflower, loves this cauliflower rice. Here I have blanched, grated the cauliflower and tempered them along with spices and rice with few spice powders. Also I would say that it’s kids friendly because this rice is a good source for kids to consume cauliflower. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Cauliflower – ½ no
- Boiled Rice – 2 cups
- Onions – 1 ½ nos (medium sized)
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – a string
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Blanch the cauliflower: Cut the cauliflower heads and drop them in boiling water. Cover and keep in medium flame for 5 mins. Drain the water and bring them to room temperature. Keep it aside.
- Grate the blanched cauliflower.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and green chilies.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the mustard, split black gram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the garlic, green chilies and onions, cook them till the onions turn transparent.
- Add in the grated cauliflower along with turmeric powder, chili powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Cook them till the raw smell goes off and Sprinkle little water, cover and cook till the cauliflower becomes soft.
- Add in the boiled rice and stir them well with the cauliflower.
- Keep on stirring for 5 mins, till the cauliflower and rice gets blend together.
Serve hot with any curries. I have accompanied this with Egg omelet Curry.