Egg Omelette Curry is a mouth watering dish and is favorite for all those who love eggs. Usually this curry is made with the leftover omelette. But my grandma use to make this at times, when she cooks. She happens to cook rarely, but the flavor and the taste of the dish would be great. It goes out well with steamed rice but I have accompained this with Cauliflower rice. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Egg Omelette – 4 nos
- Onions – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Black gram – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Prepare egg omelette.
- Peel and chop the onions, Crush them in mixie or blender just for a second.
- Chop the onions.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, black gram and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook till they are transparent.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook till they are mushy.
- Add in all the spice powders along with the salt and cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water , cover and bring it to boil.
- Drop in the egg omelette’s one by one, cover and cook till the oil separates and floats on the top.
- Keep in low flame, till the required consistency comes.
Serve hot with steamed rice.
Note: I have made it to semi-gravy, since I accompanied it to cabbage rice.