This is my second Mojito recipe – Muskmelon Orange Mojito, it’s very simple drink with too many health benefits. This Mojito is one of the wonderful refreshing, coolants apt for this summer. I have added honey for more taste and health benefits, also only this sweet version, have tried a salted version for Diabetic -Friendly especially for my hubby.
Both the versions (sweet and salted) were awesome with its very own taste, those who don’t like honey can substitute sugar instead of honey. Beat the heat with a healthy coolant, which can be prepared easily at home. Let us move on to the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #61 hosted by Angie @ thenovicegardener.
- Muskmelon – 1 no (medium size)
- Mint leaves – a fistful (ullangai alavu)
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Orange juice – ¼ cup
- Ginger – 1 “inch stick (2 gms)
- Salt to taste
- Honey – 4 tbsp
- Water – 1 litre
- Peel and roughly chop the muskmelon and ginger.
- Wash the mint leaves.
- Take muskmelon, mint leaves, ginger, lemon juice, orange juice, a pinch of salt all together in a blender or mixie and blend it well. No lumps should be there.
- Drain the juice and discard the flesh.
- For sweet version: Add in honey or sugar as per your taste and stir well, till it dissolves well.
- For salt version: Add in salt, once you drain the juice and stir it well, till it dissolves.
Serve it chilled by adding finely chopped pieces of muskmelon and a thinly sliced lemon wedge.
Note: Adjust the quantity of sweetness, salt and ginger to your taste.