I have prepared this spicy chicken masala with the ingredients found in all kitchens. It is very simple, easy, less time consuming and cheaper dish with delicious taste, excellent aroma and attractive color.
I have marinated the chicken pieces with few spices and spice powder, and then cooked it with thinly sliced onions. This goes out well with sambhar rice, curd/yogurt rice and rasam rice. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Onions – 3 to 4 nos (medium size)
- Garlic cloves – 4 nos
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Black peppercorns – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a string
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Gingelly oil – 1 tbsp
- Clean and chop the chicken into medium pieces.
- Marinate chicken pieces with chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt for about 30 mins.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions to lengthwise.
- Heat oil in the kadai, add in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and finely chopped garlic, cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the chicken and cook them until it the chicken turns white color.
- Stir once in every 5 mins, while the chicken is getting cooked, else it would be burnt.
- Sprinkle water, cover and cook, until the chicken is cooked.
Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot.