I am planning to prepare dishes which are very healthy for kids, since they are in vacation. Also this is the right time to make them eat well, consume weight and health. Coming to this Carrot Almond Milkshake, it is a simple, easy to prepare and delicious sweet milk flavored with fresh carrots and almonds. Carrots are high in fibre content, which helps the digestive system and helps balance sugar levels. We can accompany this milkshake with breakfast or in teatime with evening snacks. Also check out my other beverages recipes and enjoy this summer vacation.Let us move on to the recipe…
- Milk – ½ litre
- Carrot s – 4 nos
- Almonds / Badam – 15 nos
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Saffron – few strands for garnishing
- Sugar or Honey – as per taste
- Boil the milk, let it cool and bring it to room temperature.
- Peel and roughly chop the carrots into desired shapes.
- Pressure-cook the carrots in ½ cup of water for three whistles. Bring it to room temperature.
- Roast the badam with a tsp of clarified butter or ghee.
- Grind the badam with ½ of cup of milk to fine paste.
- Take the boiled carrots along with the water, 1 cup of milk, cardamom powder and then the badam paste in a blender. Grind all these together to a fine paste.
- Add in sugar or honey and a cup of milk and finely grind it (no solid pieces of carrots).
- Mix it with the rest of the milk.
Garnish with few strands of saffron and a pinch of cardamom powder and serve chilled.