Almond (Badam) Pista milk shake is a dink made by grinding almonds, pista and cashews with milk. It is thick in texture and has a nutty flavor. It is an excellent nourishing and healthy drink for kids. It has dual advantage in both summer and winter too. Mostly it goes out well with breakfast or dinner. It is an energy giving drink.
It helps in boosting energy, improves complexion and considered as a nutritive for the brain and nervous system. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Full Cream Milk – 2 Cups
- Condensed Milk – 2 tbsp
- Almonds / Badam – ½ cup
- Pistachios – 15 nos
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Saffron – few strands
- Rose water – ½ tsp
- Soak almonds/badam, pistachios and cashew nuts in hot water for about an hour.
- Peel the skin from the almonds/badam and pistachios.
- Reserve 5 nos of almonds and 5 nos of pistachios for garnishing.
- Take the leftover badam/almond, pistachios, cashew nuts, cardamom powder, rose water and a cup of milk; blend to a fine paste.
- Pour in the condensed milk and another cup of milk; again blend it to a fine paste.
- Check for the taste and if need blend with some more milk or condensed milk.
- Finely chop the pistachios and almonds.
- Transfer the milkshake to a cup and garnish with pistachios and almonds.
Top the milkshake with strands if saffron and serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Note: If you feel that kids would not like the nutty flavor, you could strain the milkshake after 10 mins of blending and then continue topping and serve.