Many of us like to dry fruits and milkshake now imagine about Dry fruits Milkshake that makes everyone drooling. Today I have prepared Mediterranean Omelet and Dry fruits Milkshake for breakfast, my kids loved it a lot.
As I have blogged few more milkshakes, I would say that this milkshake is different in texture. You can chew dates in this milkshake during drinking, if you do not want the chewy texture you could strain the milkshake and then serve.
Dry fruits milkshake is a healthy beverage as well a great energy supplement for anyone who wants a quick boost of energy. In addition, this is very rich in iron and calcium. This milkshake can also be prepared during fasting or vrat occasions. It is an ideal drink for growing up kids or for people looking for energy drinks.
I have used most of the dry fruits like almonds (badam), pistachios, cashews, raisins, dates and a pinch of saffron in this milkshake. You can include figs, but I have excluded and also you can increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients as per you taste. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Cashew nuts – 15 nos
- Raisins – 20 nos
- Almonds (Badam) – 10 nos
- Pistachios – 10 nos
- Dates – 15 nos
- Saffron – few strands
- Boiled Milk – ½ litre
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Soak almonds and pistachios in warm water for 20 mins. Peel off the skin.
- Reserve 2 to 3 pieces in all the ingredients for topping.
- Take all the ingredients together with a cup of milk in a blender and blend it well.
- Pour the blended mixture to the leftover milk, give a stir and let it rest for 5 mins.
- Finely chop the reserved dry fruits.
- Pour it to glass and garnish with the finely chopped dry fruits.
Refrigerate and serve chilled or serve at room temperature.
Note: If you are going to strain, let it rest for 20 mins and then strain it and serve chilled.